Pages
▼
Thursday, April 26, 2012
Pish Posh Get Fit Challenge: The Beach Version
Let's start with the good news.
I started the edit on my new book and I am starting to like the protagonist. I had concerns that I wouldn't be able to, but she is growing on me. This book is significantly different than the book I wrote last year.
The main character lost her entire family in a tornado when she was only eight. The story revolves around her attempts to move forward nearly a decade later.
When this post goes live I will be on my way to the beach with some of my besties. These women know how to bring me up when I feel down. I love each and every one of them and I can't figure out why we only do this twice a year.
I plan on walking along the beach a lot this weekend and will update you next week on just how many miles I covered. I also plan on scrapbooking and partaking in a lot of alcohol so that will most likely cancel out any excerise I get. LOL
Now for the not so great news... I heard from the editor that threw me a worm last week. Sadly she was not interested in my earlier book. I was so hoping that she would give me a chance, but alas it wasn't meant to be.
Am I giving up hope...absolutely not. I fully expect to receive a lot more rejections. I am building up my resistance.
Thanks for checking in on me. I hope to pop by your blog this weekend.

You know, if you'd be willing to edit/read my book, I'd be willing to do the same for you!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are moving along on the book!
ReplyDeleteI know you love these beach trips, have a wonderful relaxing time. I'll be at a weekend long crop from Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon. My "sister from another mister" came from Toledo to attend with me. There will be 15 of us there and w are sure to have a ball.
Sorry that editor didn't work out, just the wrong one. It will happen!
Have great weekend!
You are amazing!! I can't wait to hear about your wonderful trip - I hope it is fabulous and good for the heart and soul as well as for the thighs and whatnot :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy to hear about your feelings for your protagonist too. I know you were worried. I think a lot of writers feel like that, honestly. And when this book becomes a raving success you can revisit the older one and have more leverage for people to look at it. It is fairly arbitrary which book gets attention first. Happens a lot that the best work, the work closest to our heart, doesn't sink in right away with others. Don't give up -
hope you are having so much fun right now!! :)